Want to have some face time with a celebrity who's a top name in Washington theater, music or journalism?
You can do just that when you buy tickets to the exclusive celebrity salons that are part of the Mardi Gras in September fundraising gala organized by the Foggy Bottom West End Village. The gala will be Saturday September 12, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., at The Field School, 2301 Foxhall Road NW.
The celebrity salons, which will be hosted by Village members in their homes, will take place between mid-September and early December. Each host will provide food and drink. The format at each salon may vary, but in general, guests will have time for casual conversation with each other and the guest of honor.
Binney Levine is chairman of the celebrity salon committee. Working with her are committee members Nadia Taran and Burke Dillon.
You can sign up now for the salons, which are listed on the Gala Website then click on "Salons" in the menu. You must register on the site before buying your Salon tickets. Salon tickets are $75 per person. Since each salon is limited to 20 guests, you will want to buy your tickets before the salons sell out.
Here is a summary of the salons:
- Washington Post political reporter Dan Balz, Tuesday October 6, from 5 to 7 p.m. in the home of Jane Scholz and Doug Balz at The Plaza, 800 25th Street NW. Wine, beer and appetizers.
- Shakespeare Theater Artistic Director Michael Kahn, Wednesday, September 30, from 6 to 8 p.m. This event is co-hosted by Lynnette Asselin, Watergate South, 700 New Hampshire Avenue NW. Wine, beer and appetizers.
- Pianist John Eaton, Saturday November 7, from 5 to 7 p.m. in the home of Jane and Joe Selby, 1255 25th Street NW. Beer, wine and appetizers. This salon will include a performance.
- Arena Stage Artistic Director Molly Smith, Thursday, December 10, from 7 to 9 p.m. in the home of Alan and Marsha Ingber, Ritz Residences, North, 1155 23rd Street NW. Wine and dessert.
- Actress Barbara Chisholm and playwrights and journalists Peggy and Alison Engel, Monday October 12, from 3 to 5 p.m., hosted by Myrna Fawcett and C. B. Wooldridge in the home of Myrna Fawcett, 2700 Virginia Avenue NW.
- Chef Ris LaCoste, Sunday November 1, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the home of Rebecca Coder, 2501 M Street NW. Meet Ris, who is catering this event, and enjoy some of her creations.
- Washington Ballet Artistic Director Septime Webre, Tuesday, November 10, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the home of Burke Dillon, Ritz Residences, 1111 23rd St NW. Wine and light fare.
- Author and filmmaker Mark Olshaker, Monday November 9, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the home of Leah and Rick Schroeder at The Plaza, 800 25th Street NW. Cocktails and heavy hors d’oeuvres.